[Ambulant-users] Ambulant on 64 bit Fedora 7

Chris Abrams cja5 at onetel.com
Fri Aug 22 00:27:01 CEST 2008

Hi

I've been trying to build the Ambulant player from the latest source on
an x86_64 architecture running the 64 bit version of Fedora 7. After
some trial and error (mainly with the third party packages) I managed to
compile Ambulant by first executing:

./autogen.sh --with-xerces=/usr

followed by make. However, make install fails with the following output:

Making install in m4
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/ambulant/m4'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chris/ambulant/m4'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/ambulant/m4'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/ambulant/m4'
Making install in po
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/ambulant/po'
/bin/sh .././mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share
/bin/sh: .././mkinstalldirs: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/ambulant/po'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

A search on Google revealed other people reporting almost identical
errors for completely different applications and I believe that the
problem may be related to the files generated by automake. Any pointers
in the right direction would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Chris Abrams.