[Ambulant-users] Animated GIF (Repost)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Feb 12 11:03:19 CET 2008

On 11 feb 2008, at 13:54, Lucian Cosoi wrote:

> Hello, guys.
>
> [I am reposting a message because I hadn't confirmed my registration
> prior to sending it]
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to play an Animated GIF in
> Ambulant.
>
> I used the code for Ambulant 1.8 and embedded it in a Qt Widget,
> using the "dx" version of the library.

Currently not. The easiest option is to convert the animated gif to a
movie. At least: I'm not completely sure what you mean by "the dx
version of the library embedded in a Qt widget". Are you on Windows,
and did you create your own wrapper in Qt?

I'm asking because one thing I never tried is passing an animated GIF
to the dx video renderer (which basically passes it straight on the
DirectShow, so if DirectShow can handle animated GIF it may just
work). Same for passing an animated GIF to the quicktime video
renderer on the Mac. With the Linux renderers (and the ffmpeg renderer
on Mac) I'm pretty sure it won't work, that's all our own code.
--
Goldman