[Ambulant-users] R: Animated GIF (Repost)

Lucian Cosoi luciwiz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:23:01 CET 2008

Hello.

On 12/02/2008, Jack Jansen wrote:
> At least: I'm not completely sure what you mean by "the dx
> version of the library embedded in a Qt widget". Are you on Windows,
> and did you create your own wrapper in Qt?

I am indeed testing this on Windows, with my own Qt wrapper.

On 12/02/2008, l.sutton wrote:
>  I'm running Ambulant 1.8 on windows. It looks like putting a gif as src of a
>  <video> element, the animation will work (see attached). Mind you the
>  repeating won't. Not sure which the technicalities are.. but I guess it is
>  somewhat similar to the fact that if you open a GIF in Windows Media Player
>  it will be (badly) played.
>
>  Hope this helped.

It certainly did! Telling Direct Show I was actually passing it a
"video" played the animation - only once, as you said. Not perfect,
but at least it's something. I may look more into this when I get the
time.

Thank you both for your answers, I appreciate it.

Lucian