[Ambulant-users] ffmpeg for wince

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Apr 3 09:44:09 CEST 2009

On 2 apr 2009, at 23:35, info at torsten-klinger.de wrote:

> Hy Kees,
>
> thank you for your answer. The prebuild I have viewed. But it works
> in my project somehow not. What I seek is a ffmpeg.dll for wince.
> One of our Developer Forum, the dll created some time ago. He just
> forgot the stream network to activate. Unfortunately he is no longer
> available and no longer accessible. I know I do not like this dll
> with the network functions can create. Now I wanted to kindly ask us
> if someone of your development team could compile this dll. Here is
> the link to the forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395600
>
> I would be extremely grateful to you if you or another developer
> could help us.
>
> Of course I would pay for the work.

Note that there isn't a single "ffmpeg.dll", there are distinct
avcodec.dll, avformat.dll, etc. I looked at your forum, and I'm not
sure what exactly you expect in ffmpeg.dll. All ffmpeg distributions I
know have separate libraries for the various ffmpeg components. Are
you sure the ffmpeg.dll that someone built last year doesn't include
more than just ffmpeg?

If you want to try to use it in your own project you should try
linking your project to our versions of avcodec.lib, etc. Then placing
the dlls beside your executable on wince may work.

Otherwise, if you want to try building ffmpeg from source, here is
some advice:
- I've done the build on Linux. It can be done on Windows, but then
you need to install Mingw and a lot of other stuff. OTOH, the same is
true on Linux, so it may be a matter of taste.
- You want to install the arm-mingw32ce cross-compiler, from <http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/
- Next, you read the instructions at <http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/wiki/index.php
 >, but realise that those instructions are for building ffmpeg for
Windows Desktop, so you have to make mental translations at various
points.
--
Goldman