[Ambulant-users] build problem (net/ffmpeg_common.cpp:111: error: ‘CODEC_ID_MPEG4AAC’ was not declared in this scope)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Apr 24 22:38:12 CEST 2009

On  24-Apr-2009, at 16:45 , Joost Geurts wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build ambulant from CVS on Mac OSX (darwin 9.6.0)
> using the provided instructions. Unfortunately  it seems I run into
> a missing codec/library problem although  ffmpeg compiles fine
> (including faad). Any help is appreciated!
>
> thanks joost
>
> the reported error is:
[...]
> net/ffmpeg_common.cpp:111: error: ‘CODEC_ID_MPEG4AAC’ was not
> declared in this scope

This looks like there is some version error/conflict with ffmpeg.

For me, avcodec.h defines CODEC_ID_MPEG4AAC if the libavcodec version
is less than 52.0.0. And the version is set (at the top of the same
file) as 51.57.2.

But another fix could be to replace the occurrence (in the ambulant
sources) of CODEC_ID_MPEG4AAC with CODEC_ID_AAC, which seems to be the
newer define to use.
--
Goldman