[Ambulant-users] build problem (net/ffmpeg_common.cpp:111: error: ‘CODEC_ID_MPEG4AAC’ was not declared in this scope)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Apr 29 22:12:21 CEST 2009

On 29 apr 2009, at 14:31, Joost Geurts wrote:

> I managed to compile libambulant! The trick was to remove the
> explcit references to -lavcodec -lavutil -lavformat -lavdevice from
> lib*-uninstalled.pc and just keep -L${libdir}. I am not sure why
> this is a problem as they are supposed to reference the same
> libraries right? Anyway the next problem is :
>
> gtk_logger.h:41:38: error: ambulant/lib/byte_buffer.h: No such file
> or directory.
>
> ambulant/lib/byte_buffer.h seems indeed absent in CVS, is this
> correct?

Yes, this is correct. Please remove this (and any other) references to
it.

> Finally, I am happy to hear compiling ambulant will be easier in the
> future, it is indeed a bit of a hassle at the moment. Do you have a
> target date in mind? Perhaps  a daily build could be an option until
> then or is this too hard to setup? Anyway thanks a lot for ambulant!

The problem you ran in to shows what stops us from doing this: we
would first need to set up infrastructure to do automatic daily builds
before we could package things up. Especially Windows would be a
headache, but even setting it up for only Linux/MacOSX would require
at least a week or so, and we simply don't have the time for that...

So let me turn this into a plea for help: if anyone has experience
with setting up a simple compile/build/distribute farm, and if you're
willing to help us do this: please speak up!
--
Goldman