[Ambulant-users] linux plugin not recognized

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Jun 26 09:36:39 CEST 2009

On 25 jun 2009, at 08:57, Federico Bruni wrote:

> Kees Blom wrote:
>> Hi Federico,
>> I have no idea. It has worked in $HOME/mozilla/plugins on Fedora
>> 8/10.
>> I never saw nspluginwrapper work with plugins installed there.
>> I've no experience with Ubuntu, but don't see why it would not work
>> there.
>> You could check if the files are readable  and executable.
>> One last thing to try: in Firefox File->Open Location, type:
>> about:plugins.
>> npambulant should be listed when the plugin is installed.
>
> Hi Kees,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> With regard to permissions, npambulant.so is set to 755 and
> npambulant.xpt *was* set to 644. Now it's 755 as well.
>
> But still, it does not work
> about:plugins does not list Ambulant

Maybe you could try strace (or a similar tool) to see what Firefox is
doing. Something like "strace -e open firefox" should tell you all
files and directories that firefox opens, maybe it isn't looking in
the place where you stored the plugin... Hmm, the JS console may also
have information, try running firefox with the --jsconsole option.
--
Goldman