[Ambulant-users] Ambulant Player 2.2 released
Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Jul 3 21:55:46 CEST 2010
Ambulant Player release 2.2 is ready for download.
(Actually, Ambulant Player release 2.2 has been ready for download for over a month, but we completely forgot to send out the announcement:-)
Ambulant Player is an open source cross-platform SMIL 3.0 multimedia player.
The main new features of this release:
- Plugins for at least one browser on all major platforms:
- Firefox plugin for Windows
- Internet Explorer plugin for Windows
- Safari plugin for Mac
- Firefox plugin for Linux
- Much better synchronization of audio and video streams
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 support
- <prefetch> has been implemented to allow seamless playback of audio and video from different sources.
- <param> can be used to select a specific renderer (such as the Windows DirectX renderer for video)
- for developers: the build process has been streamlined (especially for third party libraries)
- for developers: the above-mentioned param-mechanism makes it much easier to custom renderers
The standalone player is available for Mac (OSX 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6, ppc/intel/64bit), Windows (XP or later, 32bits) and Linux (build from source, for 32 or 64 bit). We have terminated support for Maemo (Nokia 770/800) and Windows Mobile.
For installing the plugin, there is a special page that will try to select the relevant plugin for your browser and platform, and automatically install it if possible.
Everything can be found at http://www.ambulantplayer.org .
Jack Jansen, <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack
If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma Goldman
More information about the Ambulant-users