[Ambulant-users] Core dumps on Fedora 12

Kees Blom Kees.Blom at cwi.nl
Sun Jul 25 13:30:27 CEST 2010

Hello Andy,

sound on Fedora 12 is a rather complex issue, since a number of packages are involved,
all different.   When I worked on Fedora and got into sound trouble I often did the following:
- try if mplayer and ffplay do play .mp3 sound
- restart pulseaudio
- try esd (an obsoleted sound deamon, but maybe still used by SDL).
This core dump is new to me, at first sight it seems that it is caused  inside the pango package.
Did you also try AmbulanrPlayer-qt ? That doesn't use pango.
For this to build, you need to install qt3 and qt3-devel packages, I believe.
I'll look into more detail tomorrow.

Bye,

Kees Blom.